WHO: Last month, Frederick K. C. Price, founder of South Los Angeles’ community beacon and global ministry, Crenshaw Christian Center, passed away due to complications of COVID-19. The 89-year-old trailblazer, bible scholar, author of over 50 books on Christian living, and the original, decades-long example of #BlackExcellence will be remembered this week.
*Please see below for strict COVID-19 protocols for this event.
WHAT: Two-day public viewing (Closed Casket) and a separate, third-day private family service (Media may attend and access all events with a mandatory advance RSVP)
WHEN: Thursday, March 4th and Friday, March 5th public viewing from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., and a Saturday, March 6th 11 a.m. private family service
WHERE: The FaithDome at Crenshaw Christian Center, 7901 S. Vermont Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90044. Media should access the site at Vermont Avenue, exit to New Hampshire, turn right onto 79th Street and re-enter through the Budlong Avenue gate. Park in the designated area and see the check-in attendant.
HOW: Advance Media RSVP required to [email protected]. Saturday live- stream access available via EIFM YouTube, EIFM Facebook, EIFM website-watch now and EIFM on demand.
VISUALS: Thursday and Friday public line-up, closed casket in the sanctuary, video montage, memorial keepsake booklet. Saturday family and dignitary attendance, LA Fire Department Aerial Truck Ladder Salute, Color Guard Display of Flags Ceremony, memorial service remembrance, casket processional with immediate family members, memorial keepsake booklet.
INTERVIEWS: Community members, parishioners, and possibly with dignitaries.
*COVID-19 protocols will be strongly enforced and we kindly ask for your assistance in the following:
- When arriving on site, please wear a medical grade mask such as an N-95 or surgical mask. Sorry, but no neck gaiters, bandanas, handkerchiefs or masks with valves allowed.
- At all times, while on site, please socially distance yourself from all other media and site staff and volunteers. No eating or drinking allowed on the premises, please. Suggested consumption should occur in the safety of your vehicle.
- You must keep your mask on at all times, including during interviews.
- In common areas for A/V equipment (example: multbox) you must disinfect your equipment first (example: cables, transmitters) before use.
- Anticipate that seating or standing areas for media will be strictly assigned. Consult the on-site Press Contact for procedures.
- In areas where the above directives are not possible, then audiovisual and multimedia products shall be pooled.
Thank you for understanding our sincere intent for your personal well-being and safety.
About Crenshaw Christian Center (CCC) and its Broadcast
Ever Increasing Faith Ministries, has been a hallmark of the local and global community for nearly 50 years. CCC has a longstanding commitment to South Los Angeles, serving local residents via emergency preparedness fairs, food and toy giveaways, and a plethora of community benefit activities. It was one of the first established COVID-19 test and vaccination sites in Los Angeles to address surfaced equity gaps. More at faithdome.org.