In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TED has created a program called TEDx. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. TEDxHarlem, where x = independently organized TED event, New York’s leading thinkers, doers, and speakers will combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a virtual space. Strivers’ Row may not have the same prestige as other Manhattan neighborhoods like Tribeca or the West Village, but for the African-American elite of the 1920s, living in this Harlem enclave was a powerful symbol of success. Officially designated as the St. Nicholas Historic District in 1967, these blocks of stately row homes continue to attract artists and professionals alike. TEDxHarlem highlights the power of Black originality and success in 2021 with our theme Strivers’ Row. “This independent TEDx event is operated under license from TED.”
TEDxHarlem Strivers’ Row
June 19, 2021, 12:00 PM – 02:00 PM EDT(-04:00)x=Independently Organized
• The Secret to Building Thriving Communities in a Post Pandemic World Visionary Strategist and Community Developer Nikoa Evans takes you on her personal journey toward discovering the true meaning of Community.
• Actions Speak Louder Than Words Tech entrepreneur and CEO of Uvii, Kimberly Gray, explores how command-driven messages and video commenting can enhance the way we communicate.
• Finding Your Point of View New York-based Photographer, Mark Clennon dives into what it means to ask yourself the right questions to find your own unique point of view.
• Building a Unique Ecosystem for Health Innovations Sam Sia, Co-Founder of Harlem BioSpace explores turning revolutionary biotech ideas into products that solve real health problems.
• Faith Over Fear: Spirit Led Leadership Through the Unknown Harlem Hospital’s CEO, Eboné Carrington shares how her leadership style evolved and became further defined during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• The Face of Workplace Diversity x Kenneth Johnson