This delicious lamb tagine recipe is perfect for a family dinner. Even the kids will enjoy it.
- 750g lamb cubes
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 10ml cumin
- 5ml paprika
- 2 garlic cloves
- 25ml tomato paste
- 1 x 800g tin chopped tomatoes
- 400ml beef or lamb stock
- 1 x 410g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 100ml pitted green olives
- Large handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Brown the lamb cubes in a large pot or pressure cooker over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and bay leaves and sauté until translucent.
- Add the rest of the spices, garlic, tomato paste, tinned tomatoes and stock. Simmer on low for 2 hours (or transfer to the slow cooker and cook for 4 to 5 hours)
- Add the chickpeas, olives and fresh coriander.