Amerigroup, a NJ leader in healthcare for over 25 years, has opened a Community Care Resource Center (CCRC) in Newark located at 778 Broad Street.
The Newark CCRC offers the opportunity for both members and non-members to converse face to face with Amerigroup representatives about both Medicaid and Medicare benefits.
Visitors can speak with a representative to find out if they qualify for health benefits through NJ Family Care and/or Medicare and learn about benefits offered through the NJ Family Care program. Assistance in completing the NJ Family Care Application can also be provided and visitors can learn about extra benefits offered specifically to Amerigroup members.
You can learn more about:
• Healthcare,dental and vision benefits offered through NJ Family Care
• How to find an Amerigroup provider
• Extra Benefits available to Amerigroup members, such as car seats, booster seats, strollers, filtered water pitchers, and diabetic socks
• Health education materials
• Receive assistance with housing and obtaining food
• Assistance with annual renewal of benefits, and more.
Food Distributions – Every first Friday of the month from 1-4pm the Newark CCRC Amerigroup gives away healthy food on a first come, first-served basis to the first 200 families to come to the event.
Amerigroup also operates a CCRC in Paterson located at 236 Main street. All CCRCs are open Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm.
Stop by Amerigroup’s Community Care Resource Center to get the health benefits you need and the extras you want! —TPC Staff